OIL TERMINAL EXPANSION
Sales Line Connection to DAPL
LOCATION: Kildeer, ND
MARKET: Oil Processing and Storage
The Client needed to design and install an additional oil sale point in the DAPL pipeline for a capacity of 1000 BPH. The existing facility had an existing 480V utility drop that would need to be utilized for 600 HP motors.
The Client was executing the project through an approval process requiring engineering definition to a Class 3 estimate before completing the design for construction.
CANUSA EPC provided engineering and procurement services to the Client to expedite the project schedule.
- Site visit to inventory repurposed equipment
• FEED Study including TIC estimate
• Full discipline engineering and design
▪ Installation of a repurposed pump skid
▪ Electrical meter connection
▪ Meter run specification
▪ 20” Pipeline section to DAPL connection, including
▪ ARC Flash updates
- Construction designs for skid equipment installation strategy
Procurement & Project Services:
- Schedule, budget, and scope management with our project services
- Specification of valves, meters, pig launcher
- Bid solicitation of electrical switchgear, motor-operated valves
- Bid analysis from vendor submissions
- Client site increased sales capacity to new pipeline connection at a rate of 1000 BPH.
- $2.5 Million USD budget managed
- Utilized existing pump skids to reduce the total cost of the project.
- Provided support through construction for client facility startup.